Monday, January 14, 2008

Punky Brewster

Seriously, how awesome was Punky Brewster? When I was a small child, I idolized her. She had the most incredible hair and mismatching socks and shoes and leggings and clothes and more clothes and more clothes. Not to mention that bedroom. Just thinking about it still makes me wish that I was her. Unfortunately the girls these days don't even know who she is! I tried to explain her to my Activity Day girls by telling them that she was my generation's Hanna Montana. I don't think they fully understood the magnitude of what I was getting at. They proceeding to squeal about how cool Hanna Montana is and the focus was immediately taken off of Punky Brewster.

Anyway, I think that Jane may have been born into the wrong generation. She totally understands Punky. She's like Punky's kid sister that follows her around and wishes she could be just like her.


Ah Punky, I still love you.



Now, I require that Jane match her shoes and she's not that into vests, but she still tries.



I get tired of fighting with the girl, so some days she just wears whatever she wants to. It generally looks something like this. Hang in there babe. This look has GOT to come back, I'm telling you.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Punky Brewster too!!! I was just thinking back to how her best friend's name was Cherry. I loved that. Do you think that her living situation would fly in this day and age? Living with Henry might not go over too well. So sad, I love the 80's!!!!!!

Emily Call said...

I love Punky!!! People used to tell me that I looked like her. ha! Those were the days. Anyway, I am in Activity Days in my ward too... I swear we are living double lives.

Danielle said...

In the first picture Jane looks a little oddly proportioned. What do they call that again? Anyway, what I am getting at is that you need to work on your photography skills.

Laura Stringham said...

Yes, Jane does look oddly proportioned in these photos, this is a true fact. She was standing on the coffee table and I was taking the picture from above her. Her legs look all squatty and strange. Poor thing. My photography skills are definitely lacking.

Cameron said...

Punky Power!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to weigh in on this. I think Punky Brewster is fine, but she is basically my generation's Pippi Longstocking, and that might fit better in terms of Jane's favored attire. Mom