Friday, January 4, 2008

Mother of all (baby) mohawks!

We just got home from Las Vegas tonight. I went with the girls and Leslie and Ben down to visit our parents before Leslie is back in school and obligations begin again. We had a fun time, but the ride home was a bit rough. We decided (because we are crazy) to make the trip all in one day instead of staying over night at my parent's house in southern Utah. This was a mistake. a BIG mistake. A mistake that I will never repeat. I knew that driving for that long with a 9 month old, an 8 month old and a 3 year old wasn't a good idea, but I was taken aback by the amount of crying we were forced to endure. Ben and Jane took turns taking naps, but Lizzy didn't sleep a wink the entire drive. How does a baby keep herself awake for an entire day without a nap? It was a bit maddening. When I finally got her out of the car she was caked in formula, rice crackers, wagon wheels and general gunk. Brent said that she looked like a miner. We got her in the bath before bed and I decided I'd get some pictures of her amazingly crafted mohawk. Jane had a similar one when she was a baby, but I'm not sure it was this awesome.


...oh ya, and she doesn't even have to try.

0 comments: