Wednesday, January 23, 2008

me whining

I usually wear a really cool ring that Brent gave me on my right hand and the other day, something weird happened. It started just burning and burning where the ring sits. I took it off because it was bothering me so much and I haven't been able to figure out what happened to it. It really feels like a serious burn and stings like crazy most of the time. It's been so bothersome that I thought about going to the quick care, but I haven't.
Anyway, today I remembered an email that Mom sent me about how Magic Erasers can burn small children. The mom that sent it out sent photos of her kid, who had rubbed it all over his face. His poor little face looked horrible, all red and blistery. At the time, I thought it was weird and moved on, but I remembered that the day my finger started burning, I had used a magic eraser to clean some Jane drawings off the walls of her room. My ring is a pave setting and there are kind of chambers inside, I think that some of that eraser junk got in there and that stupid thing burned me! Here are some freaky photos:



Its looking pretty good today. This is after about 5 days of recovery time.
So moral of the story is... be careful when using those erasers (I STILL love them. I forgive you eraser! No one can clean like you do!) and don't get burnt! It REALLY hurts!

1 comments:

Emily Call said...

Ouch. That looks painful. I have never heard that they can burn. Good to know.