Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jane's new apron


Like most little girls that live within driving distance to a Costco, Jane got the fun, pink, retro kitchen for Christmas. Since then, she has been working hard to be a "good cooker" like her mommy, or her babysitter, or just about any one that can successfully prepare a pan of ramen noodles. Yesterday, she informed me that she needed an apron for her cooking. I don't know why, since I don't ever wear them (although I want to) but she was determined. Last night at Walmart I picked up some $1 a yard fabric and trim and thought that for$2.67, I would try my hand at apron making. Thanks to my new fancy sewing machine that my mom gave me, it was really quite easy and fun. Here are the results.



It was hard to get a good picture since she kept twirling around all over and please don't look too closely, since it's definitely not a piece of fine work, but for a 3 year old's play kitchen (is she only 3? I could have sworn she was 15), it will do. Maybe we'll try again later.

5 comments:

Emily Call said...

It turned out so cute and Jane looks so darling in it.

Allman Roca said...

I love it! How cute is that!
Callie just went to a party and they made all of the girls their own aprons with their inital on them! I want one too!
Jane is quite the little cook.

Anonymous said...

Laura, I'm commenting because Tyler said to. I've been reading your blog since you sent me the address. I love hearing about your family. I love getting to know your personality by reading the things you write. Thanks so much!

Joshalynn said...

Hi Lou, My husband and I knew Brent in high school. I came across your blog through links on my friends' blog sites. I'm glad to see he has such a beautiful family and is doing so well. Say hello to Brent for us. Tell him we miss his funny stories about food poisoning. --Adam and Joshalynn Bevis

Svenhardicus said...

Hey Josh,
I haven't talked to you guys since Doug's funeral. I'm a loser and I don't have any friends. Which friend's blog was linked to my family's blog?

What's your blog so I can stalk you and Adam?

...Brent