Monday, January 7, 2008

My baby is bizarre

I know that Lizzy is freakish, this is something that is obvious to anyone who spends any significant amount of time with her. I'm still trying to figure her out. With Jane, I really felt like I knew her, you know? I was very comfortable with her personality. Lizzy is very different. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her, but I don't really get her. Anyway, she is SO motivated to be mobile and balance and she has always been able to balance beyond what she should be able to. For instance, before she could even sit up, she could almost crawl.

The following picture was taken at her 6 month photo shoot and she couldn't sit up by herself yet. She did the Gollum crawl for a long time. We call it the Gollum crawl because she often carries things around in her teeth and growls while she's moving around.
Now that crawling has been mastered, she's focusing on standing. Not like pulling herself up to furniture, that would be too normal and too easy. I'm talking free standing. Today we were playing on the floor and I looked over and she was just standing up. I started freaking out and she fell. It was Ok though because she did it over and over. It wasn't slow or deliberate. She would just squat and then POP! It seems like she realized the faster she goes, the easier it is. I got a picture right at the end.


Weird.

1 comments:

Emily Call said...

How funny! I love to see how different each child is. I love reading your blog.