Saturday, January 19, 2008

dinosaur eggs

Ok, this post isn't REALLY about dinosaur eggs, but rather dinosaurs and eggs. Just regular eggs that come from chickens, not dinosaurs. Allow me to explain...

Jane has been learning about dinosaurs in preschool and she's REALLY into them, so I thought that I would like to encourage her interest and take her to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to force people to have a good time. It was painful getting there. We started out this morning discovering that Lizzy has an egg allergy and we had to learn the hard way. Brent ran to grab breakfast from McDonald's this morning and decided to give Lizzy some of the scrambled egg to munch on. He even got some pictures of it...


Little did he know that you aren't supposed to give babies egg because you don't know if perhaps they have an allergy to it. I'd like to say that I knew all of this, but it hadn't even occurred to me and I did nothing to stop him. She really liked the egg, but then promptly broke out in hives and was a total mess. We sat around for a while trying to decide if we should pay the money and take her to a quick care and then we decided that they would probably tell us to put some cream on her face, give her some antihistamine and keep an eye on her, so that's what we did. She's fine now, no worries, just no more egg. At least I now know that McDonald's really does use real egg, no matter how unegg-like it may seem.

So we headed to the museum, which was really fun. Here are some of our pictures that we took while we were there.


Brent almost peed his pants at the sight of the megalodon. He has a bit of a juvenile obsession with it.


They have a place where the kids can pretend as though they are digging for bones. Or rather, they allow the children to actually dig for fake bones...which was really fun.

Isn't Jane so sweet with her daddy? He loves his little girls so much. There's just something about a daddy and their little girl that I adore.



To answer your questions, yes, I am apparently married to a 12 year old boy.

I'm not sure what Jane is doing here. I think she might be channeling the T-Rex behind her.



My pretty little Lizzy was SO tired after her meds that she went over to Grandma's house and slept in Ben's bed for 4 hours! But not until after she participated in the clobbering of her grandma...

I'm telling you, Mom, you can't sit on the floor. It's like moths to a light bulb.

Anyway, the museum was really fun and if anyone has wondered whether or not they should go, I highly recommend it.
AND... if anyone has some suggestions on how to deal with my small child and her most inconvenient allergy, please do tell. I have a feeling this isn't going to be the last of these types allergies and such. She must get it from Brent. I would never do something like pass those types of gimpy genes to one of my children.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute photos. I thoroughly enjoyed the kids, but not enough time really. I wish I could come and stay a week or two, and I really need to get the drapes done and up. Mom