Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th O' July weekend

We had a fun weekend. Some of our neighbors invited us over on the 3rd to do fireworks. I love that when someone in our neighborhood is doing something, everyone shows up. It was so much fun to get together with so many people.



Some of the kiddos.



My kiddos.



Jane was doing a little dance



This is the girls with their friends Annie and Brooklyn. (Lizzy, can you say Blue Steel?) We just moved from across the street from Brooklyn and she's been like our big sister since Jane was born. I didn't think anyone in the world could love her more than Jane, but Lizzy might.



Lizzy loved the fire crackers. The bigger, the better. She'd clap and clap. It was cute.


We spent most of the 4th painting and working on the upstairs room. We were going to get together and have a bar-b-que, but we spent so long working on the house that we ended up with not enough time. Instead, we (and the entire city of South Jordan) hit up the Red Robin for burgers and fries. It was surprisingly tasty. We then decided to head out to the bluff by my mom's house in Daybreak to get the full view of the valley's fireworks. We didn't last long enough to get the good show because the kids weren't cooperating, but we still had fun.



I took a ton of pictures, but most of them are of Leslie and Cameron, which I promised I would send to them so that they could post them and pretend that they are making an effort to document their child's life. The others are so NOT flattering that I'm not going to upset anyone by showing the blogging world, so Jane and her sparkler will have to do. From what I gather, if you were willing to sit out there until the shows really began, it was worth watching, but tired kids really limit your activities. It was a fun holiday. There's something about the 4th of July that I can't help but love.

1 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Nice summary. It wasn't, maybe, terribly memorable, but it was the best we could do for this year.