Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Update

What a weekend.
Grandma Barron arrived on Thursday evening with gifts (she's such a grandma). Among them was this darling outfit for Lizzy that we all can't get enough of. She wore it until it was filthy this weekend. She was so upset when Grandma tried to leave that evening, she used all her baby force keep her with us.



It was Jane's birthday on Friday. Brent has started working 4 day weeks now, which means that he always has Fridays off... it came in handy this week. We told Jane that we would take her to the zoo for her birthday, so off to the zoo we went. I had my doubts about going with them because Baby Charlie is really limiting me physically these days, but I didn't want to miss out. Turns out, I probably should have trusted my instincts since I only made it about half the way through and then I had to plant on a nice bench in the shade with Lizzy while Brent and Jane took off the see the rest of the animals.



Jane loves her daddy and her daddy LOVES her.



I didn't make it to the giraffes this time.



She was so excited to go on the train. As soon as it stopped she said "Can we go again?" No, we didn't go again. Even on her birthday, one train ride is sufficient.

In the evening, we had family over for more celebrations.



I wasn't in the mood to make another cake, so I bought this one for Jane from the store. It was a hit. She got it all to herself and the rest of us ate pie, at least all two of us that wanted it. I have since consumed all the left over pie. Mmmmmm, pie.



Our gift to her was a new bike. Brent took her to the store and let her pick it out herself. She also got this cute helmet and streamers and everything. She adores her bike. She makes sure that it is always locked up in the garage when she isn't riding it because she's certain that everyone else wants her bike as much as she does and is determined that someone is going to take it. When she was in line to buy it, she said to her daddy "This is the happiest day of my life!"




Jane's friend got a music box at her party a while ago and Jane was completely taken in by it. She asked Cait's mom where she got it so that I could get one for her for her birthday too. Well our store was all out, so I had to call in the out of town support. My mom came through like a champ and brought the music box up for Jane. She loves this box more than I even thought she would. Thanks Mom! The dress is also from my mom. She wanted to wear it to bed and the next day and will only take it off when we make her.

Jane was a doll all day. She took a nap in the afternoon, keeping her in a good mood. She loved all her gifts and kept telling us how happy she was and how much she loved us. She really was truly grateful for everything. It was one of the most satisfying days I've ever had.

Saturday, Grandma watched the little kids while the big kids went to see Batman. It was pretty awesome, as expected. We did a lot of sitting around and in the evening, we got a really fun thunderstorm for a while. We quickly realized that the gutters on our new house aren't in the best shape.



Here's Jane in front of Stringham Falls.
We'll have to do something about that. It's been a nice, long weekend, and the best part is that Brent will have nice long weekends from now on (or at least for the 3 month trial period).

4 comments:

Emily Call said...

Wow Jane! Looks like such a fun day. I am so thrilled to hear that you got your music box!

Kriss said...

Count yourself lucky you didn't have to walk around the tiring, stinky zoo. Sitting on a bench and watching the weirdos is way more fun!

Sheri said...

Jane and Brooklyn must be secret sisters after all seeing that they both went to the zoo on their birthdays! I agree - that zoo train is pathetic...but the look on Jane's face, priceless!

Jana Sohm said...

I love Jane's new bike! Abby is excited to ride together.