Thursday, July 31, 2008

Word of the Day

I mentioned before that Jane makes up words all the time, especially when she doesn't have one to express what she's thinking. Sometimes she just decides to use a different one though, for instance, she calls Laffy Taffys 'Sweet Peas' and no one can ever figure out what she's talking about when she offers them a Sweet Pea. I've decided that I want to remember these things, so I'm going to start a 'Word of the Day' post.

Today's word is...

duding (dood-ing)
verb

1. to disturb, bother or anger (a person) in a way that displeases, troubles, or irritates; annoy.

How Jane used this word:

"Last night, Lizzy was totally duding me and she wouldn't stop and she just kept duding me and duding me because she wouldn't stop crying when I was trying to sleep."

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

And you thought she didn't care about Lizzy crying. Pretty cute, but the astronaut thing still takes the cake. I loved spending time with the grandkids today--they are all adorable.

Emily Call said...

Awesome! I am going to start using all these great words that Jane comes up with! ;)

Allman Roca said...

Jane is going to write her own dictionary soon. She is a doll.

Kriss said...

My pot belly is duding me!