Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What you never knew about astronauts

Jane and I had the following conversation this evening while she was drinking her Tang...

Jane: Mom, why do astronauts drink Tang?
Me: (very amused) Who told you that?
Jane: I don't know.
Me: What are astronauts?
Jane: They are people that wear big white suits and white helmets and they go into space and they have to wear a rope around them so they don't float away.
Me: That's right, did you learn about them in school?
Jane: No, we sing a song about them in church.
Me: Church? How does it go?
Jane: The astronauts walked and walked and walked and walked.
Me: Are you sure you aren't referring to the pioneer children?
Jane: Oh, ya, I guess so.

She continued to sing about the "astronauts singing as they walked and walked" for the rest of the evening. If you informed my child about astronauts and their love of Tang, will you let me know? I'm so amused and curious I can hardly stand myself. If I had to put money somewhere, I'd guess it was Uncle Johnny.

4 comments:

Emily Call said...

That is hilarious. She is such a smart little girl.

Anonymous said...

No astronaut talk here!

Danielle said...

Well, John says that he had nothing to do with it. Are you sure it wasnt Brent?

Jana Sohm said...

Too funny!! I guess we need to be a little more specific in primary when we teach the kids those songs.