Wednesday, July 23, 2008

If heaven were a bathroom...

I might be in heaven.

As I mentioned last week, Brent and I decided to redo our bathroom. It's kinda strange how we ended up in there since I was resigned to having a less than ideal bathroom for a good long time. I quickly realized, though that I was going to be miserable without a decent bathroom. They don't seem to be all that important to some people, but I'm a bath person. I have to have a good bathtub or I just don't function right. I need that place to get away and just soak. Some people tell me that if they had a good tub, they'd bathe, but for me it's more like... I HAVE to have a good tub, and nice bathroom to go with it. Brent and I remodeled all three bathrooms in our old house and only hired plumbers to move the pipes around for us. Those remodels took months of our lives and this time, as Brent keeps putting it "I learned enough to know that next time, I'm hiring someone." As it turns out, we came into a little money (thank you economic stimulus check) right at the same time that our neighbor's friend had time to work on it, so there you have it.

Here's the before...



This blue was completely unacceptable. I couldn't even get my makeup on decently with that color in there. I really don't understand what woman would do that to herself. The bathtub was shallow (I'll admit that I might be a little "larger" than most people right now) and uncomfortable. And the drain didn't work, which was just annoying.

And here's our after...





It's hard to get a good perspective because the room is so small, and it's night and I still only have a crappy camera, but maybe you'll get the idea (Mom). We got our vanity for a song at Costco and the mirror too. The tile work is incredible. I love love love subway tiles and almost didn't put them in until my sweet friend came over (with all 3 of her kids first thing in the morning that I had to have tile there) to tell me that it would look great and just to do it. I'm SO happy that I did. Anyway, I'm giddy over my new bathroom and new bathtub. It might not be a nice big bathroom with a separate tub and shower, but I haven't actually ever lived anywhere that gave me access to one, so those are things that, fortunately for me, I don't really value. I feel so much more attached to this house, having made this room the way that I want it. It was good for me, mentally, to fix up this room.

Oh, and once again, if anyone needs any work done in their home and wants it done well... I know a guy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Brown Family said...

Very cool. I am impressed. I don't think I could stand getting ready in a blue bathroom either...I mean, come on. What were they thinking. Um, yes, blue. Perfect.
So excited for you guys having a boy. Are you just dying in the heat. I can only imagine.
Take care
Shauna

Lynda/Mom said...

I can't even imagine how many times today I checked blog and e mail for pics. And two people beat me to it!!! I am so happy to see the demise of the blue--a fitting end to a very up and down day. I hope your kids aren't sick. Anyway, I am still planning to check in some time tomorrow.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i love it, and am seething with jealousy!!!

the paint is the perfect color, and the whole thing really makes me want to re-vamp my current bathing home..

it looks great!

Sheri said...

From one bath girl to another...we NEED baths like we need air to breathe! It looks so soothing and beautiful and I am happy you are happy. Enjoy!

Kriss said...

Love the black vanity/mirrors. Everything looks better black. (Jesse's mom is worried I might paint the walls black.) I'm glad your makeup will work out better because we all know that's what life is all about!

Jana Sohm said...

How fun to have a new bathroom! We are going to do ours soon- hopefully. We will call you "guy" for help when he do it! It looks great!