Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sneek Peek

Brent and I are remodeling our master bathroom. I'm so excited. I normally wouldn't bother posting about it at this point since I know that I will preparing a nice, fat post about it as soon as it's finished, but I wanted to put a plug in for the person that is doing the work for us.

We ended up being able to hire the good friend of my good friend, Sheri. He did almost all the work on her home's remodel including an addition off the back, new deck and new bathrooms and new tile and on and on. The reason that we were able to have him come so soon is because he's decided to go out on his own and was able to focus all his attention on our project. Since he's just started to find his own projects instead of working for another contractor, Sheri is trying to make sure his calendar gets filled up for him. I wanted to put in a huge plug for him if there's anyone living in the Salt Lake area that needs handyman services of any kind. So far, he's had to redo plumbing and electrical in our bathroom, demo, tile work, sheetrock repair and has done it all himself. He is very respectful of me and my home, clean, efficient, particular, hardworking and capable of any large or small project. If you need services of any kind, let me or my friend, Sheri, know. Here are a few photos of the tile work that he's done for us so far...







The bathroom was completely gutted including the cast iron tub (you should have seen them getting that thing out of my house! I wish I'd gotten a video.) and surround and floor and vanity.

Having tiled a couple of showers myself, I can appreciate the craftsmanship here. It really is like an art to do this stuff well. The tile has not yet been grouted (so it's going to look even better) and no, we are not leaving the walls this color of blue. One room at a time, the crayon house will be toned down. The bathroom should be finished in a few days. More photos to come. I'm SO EXCITED!

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

The tile is indeed spectacular! You could explain that it is not yet grouted, and the blue wall is scheduled for a coat of less dramatic paint. I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

Laura Stringham said...

done and done.

Kriss said...

Yea!!!!! It looks so good. These things are so satisfying when they are done. Thanks for the memory post. I was thinking of my earliest memory of you and that was probably the fall after we moved in. It was Sacrament meeting and you walked in with a really wicked looking red trench coat, and I thought, "that girl's got style; she needs to be my friend!" I don't know why but I've never forgotten that.