Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baby Watch!

So, I had another appointment today. I'm now 28 weeks, which is NOT 7 months. Since I'm due on Sept. 28, I'm more like 6 months there. Everything was fine at the doctor's office, it just took a long time. He is super busy and had a delivery this morning, which caused me to wait a full hour until I got to see him. I'm measuring spot on, heart beat is good, I'm doing fine. I had my glucose test this morning and it was early enough that the only thing I consumed before 11:00 was an orange soda with enough sugar in it to make me completely ill. I'm SO unimpressed with the lab techs at this hospital. Every time I've been in there for blood work, they totally hurt me! The guy at my last doctor's office was much better.
The baby's head is apparently what is resting right under my ribs and the doctor says he'll probably flip upside down by the next time I see him. Things are still going really well, but this pregnancy has definitely caught up with me. I'm having a lot harder time moving around and I'm feeling those 3rd trimester aches and pains. I have also been having a lot of braxton-hicks contractions, which is different for me. I didn't have any with Jane and very few with Lizzy. Sometimes they can be really strong and even painful, but I guess that there's nothing to worry about, so I won't bother worrying. I have one more 4-week appointment at 32 weeks and then I'm on to 2-weekers. I've got to get that nursery finished (ok, started) because this baby is going to get here before I know it.

2 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Glad you posted the update since you told me nothing over the phone. I would like to help with the nursery if I am able--are you still going to do molding and color blocks around the top? What are you going to do with the ugly blue base and door molding? Have fun!! I am--not.

Jana Sohm said...

Sorry you are not feeling great. I hate the last half of pregnancy. Bring the girls over any time that you need to rest. My kids love your girls!!