Sunday, July 6, 2008

Half a room done, the rest of the house to go

Ok, so I actually have quite a few half finished rooms, this one is more like half of the room is almost finished. Brent and my mom and I spent most of the 4th painting the big bonus room over the garage. For those who have forgotten what it looked like before, allow me to remind you...



This yellow may not have been an issue for some people, but I couldn't tolerate it. It was worse in person than even in the photo. Some of the words we used to describe it were bright, annoying, jarring, burdensome, abrasive, or pretty much anything else negative. Not that I have anything against yellow. I love yellow, just not THAT yellow. It took all day to prime and paint over it. After spending all week organizing all my crafting goods, we now have...





Ah. That's better.

I'm not quite finished with it. I need to get some decor for the walls, but it's a good start. I'm so pleased with how organized everything is, I'm just giddy over it all. We took the cabinetry out of the basement of the old house and my mom spent all last Saturday helping us figure out how to use the pieces that we already had so that we didn't waste some stuff and have to buy new stuff. It isn't the perfect set up, but I'm feeling pretty good about it and we only had to spend $20 to make all the existing stuff work.





My desk. I've got all my ribbon in the boxes, it's hard to see, but I made some ribbon boxes to hide all the spools that clutter everything up. I've also got all those awesome little jars that hold all my barrettes and buttons and rhinestones and everything and more ribbon in the blue and white box. I made about 17 trips to IKEA just for organizing stuff, but they came through like the organizing champs that they've proven to be. Finally, EVERYTHING has a home. No more cluttered drawers and shelves.





This wall still needs a little TLC, but it is the home for all my sewing stuff and current Lou Lou inventory. We have some other cabinets that we need to stack or hang or something, I'm still deciding how I want to do it.



As you can see, I still have the other half of the room to work on. Someday, it will include TV and toy storage and a slip cover for the white couch in the roll of blue material against the wall there. Someday, but not necessarily some day soon.

In the meantime, how am I feeling about my new fabulously fabulous craftorium?







That pretty much sums it up.

4 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

ooooohh - it's enough to make a fellow crafter green. Good use of your old cabinents! Looks gorgeous! A huge improvement in color. That represents a LOT of hard work and cooperation by your girls.

Emily Call said...

It looks so great! I am so glad that I won't have to see any more pictures of that horrifying shade of yellow!

Anonymous said...

wow...see even one room 1/2 done can lift your spirits! Congrats on all your hard work!

Kriss said...

Your room looks great, but I really love the headband you are wearing. You have a good headband face!